Monday, March 21, 2011

Batik Bricks

I finished up Batik Bricks a little while ago.

I didn't do anything fancy with it, just some diagonal quilting, and what is becoming my signature (lazy) straight line quilting in the border. I think it turned out fine. I'm still not okay with the purple, but oh well.

Lesson learned... if I don't love the fabrics, I'm probably not going to love the quilt.

Oh... and in February I finished up this Pirate quilt, and gave it away on Saturday.

Somehow though, I completely forgot to take any pictures of it finished up! I did a thin black inner border, and I can't remember if I did a red outer border... or if I just finished it with red on the back & red binding. Gah... it looked pretty good, can't believe I forgot the finished shot. Oh well.

So I hadn't posted it in February, but it was finished, so that's 3 finished quilts in the first three months of the year. If I keep on this pace, I could conceivably meet the 12 quilts in a year challenge... but I'm not sure how hard I'm going to pursue that.


Kaye said...

The purple and red quilt reminds me of those Red Hat Society ladies...

LOVE that pirate quilt! Lucky kid!

jovaliquilts said...

Well I definitely love the purple and red, but those colors speak to me. The pirate quilt is adorable -- maybe you could get the recipient to take a photo?